Be merciful unto me, O God: for man would swallow me up;
he fighting daily oppresseth me.
Mine enemies would daily swallow me up:
for they be many that fight against me, O Thou Most High.
What time I am afraid,
I will trust in Thee.
In God I will praise His word,
in God I have put my trust; I will not fear
what flesh can do unto me.
Every day they wrest my words:
all their thoughts are against me for evil.
They gather themselves together, they hide themselves,
they mark my steps,
when they wait for my soul.
Shall they escape by iniquity?
in Thine anger cast down the people, O God.
Thou tellest my wanderings:
put Thou my tears into Thy bottle:
are they not in Thy book?
When I cry unto Thee, then shall mine enemies turn back:
this I know; for God is for me.
In God will I praise His Word:
in the Lord will I praise His Word.
In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid
what man can do unto me.
Thy vows are upon me, O God:
I will render praises unto Thee.
For Thou hast delivered my soul from death: wilt not Thou deliver my feet from falling,
that I may walk before God in the light of the living?
Do you feel like you are being swallowed up?! I have times like that too. Some days it seems like everything is against me, fighting daily to oppress me?! The devil is always breathing down my back, ready to pounce! What can I do?! Is there anything I can do?! YES!
Psalm 56 tells me just what to do!
1) Ask God for His mercy.
2) Acknowledge my enemy or enemies. Beware that everyday they are out to get me.
Even more so, be fully aware, God is stronger! God is greater!
3) Go straight to the Lord!
4) When I’m afraid, put my trust in God.
5) Praise God’s Holy Word. Thank Him for my Bible, His promises! Stand on the promises of God my Saviour!
6) Do not be afraid of what (flesh) anyone or anything can do to me.
7) Remember that God keeps track of me. He is watching over me. He is listening. He knows every tear I cry and my tears are precious to Him. He knows my name!
8) Repeat #4, 5, and 6!
9) Remember that God’s promises are with me and give Him my praise, my thanksgiving!
10) Remember that God has delivered my soul from hell and prepares a place for me in Heaven for eternity! So, of course He will also deliver me here in this life so I am able to walk with Him alive in the light!
Walking with Jesus,
Please note: The saluting soldier in the photo is, MAJOR Darrell Bowman, Officer Candidate School Manager, Camp Atterbury IGR. That soldier is my Daddy! I love him and I’m so very proud of him!
Please also note: *These photos are the property of my father, Dr. Darrell Bowman, and should not be used without permission. Thank you.